Thoughts on the Friday storm

Forgot to get the snowfall verification up today, but I should be able to get it up tomorrow (FRIDAY SATURDAY… fell asleep early Thursday and Friday!)… maps are saved and ready to go when I have the time. I did get some errands run today instead :)

Looking at the Friday system… still a chance for strong winds in the DC area, but severe is unlikely at this point. Southern VA could get in on some severe wind and maybe a tornado. That’s with a round of storms coming through Friday morning… there is potential for a second round of storms further north in northern VA and DC/MD as the upper-level low moves into the region. A developing dry slot is forecast to move into the area and erode the cloud cover late Friday morning into Friday afternoon. Temperatures in the 60s, along with the upper-level forcing and decent instability and moisture will bring another round of showers/storms into the area. If storms can develop and get organized Friday afternoon, we’ll have another shot at strong winds, but weaker storms and plain ol’ rain are more likely.

If the setup changes I’ll issue a revised forecast tomorrow or early Friday.

Did you enjoy this post? Why not leave a comment below and continue the conversation, or subscribe to my feed and get articles like this delivered automatically to your feed reader.

Comments

No comments yet.

Leave a comment

(required)

(required)